Look 1: Boho braids
It's no secret that braided styles continue to reappear in spring and summer beauty trends, and we are predicting this year to be no different. One thing we love about braids is their versatility. With so many different braiding techniques, your styling options are endless.
This year kicked off with the return of the baby braids, where we saw celebrities and influencers donning fine fame-framing braids at Coachella and on the red carpet, serving boho ‘70s or ‘90s grunge depending on how they were styled.
This Spring/Summer we are turning it up a notch to big, looser braids that are soft and feminine for a vintage, whimsical look. The appeal of this style is the effortless feel, which is the key to keeping the look modern and fresh. For added drama and because everyone loves an up-style, play with creating shape with braids on top of the head for a dreamy up do.
Tip: The bohemian finish lies in the details – from leaving some strands to fall around the face, to plaiting the hair loosely.
Get The Look:
- Prep hair with Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream.
- Create 2 ponytails and spray through Color Wow Style On Steroids for texture ahead of braiding, leaving out pieces around the face.
- Braid each ponytail using fishtail braiding technique.
- Gently pull and tease out sections to create a messy, undone texture.
- Twist braids and shape to sit on top of the head and secure in place with pins. Finish with Color Wow Style On Steroids.
- Curl the face framing pieces using Cloud Nine Sericite Curling Wand.
- Secure flowers into braid using bobby pins.