THE N°.4C BOND MAINTENANCE CLARIFYING SHAMPOO and Broad Spectrum Chelating Treatment are OLAPLEX’S LATEST PRODUCT IN THEIR RANGE OF GAME-CHANGING, SCIENCE-BASED HAIR PRODUCTS.
Here’s everything you need to know about the new products from OLAPLEX N°.4C Shampoo and Broad Spectrum Chelating Treatment including what they are, which clients it’s most suitable for, how to pair it with other OLAPLEX products, and more.
WHAT IS THE OLAPLEX BROAD SPECTRUM CHELATING TREATMENT?
The Broad Spectrum Chelating Treatment is a professional-strength, high potency chelator that cleans deep down to the cortex without stripping hair of its moisture and essential proteins. Only available for professional use, this chelator removes a wide range of heavy metals, minerals, pollution, chlorine, medications, and discolouring copper deposits to create a clean canvas for optimal results from all chemical services.
WHY DO YOU NEED THE OLAPLEX BROAD SPECTRUM CHELATING TREATMENT?
When a client enters a salon with deep build-up it creates a barrier preventing proper penetration which ultimately affects your end result. Cortex-deep deposits damage hair and can keep your most impressive work shining through! With OLAPLEX’s Broad Spectrum Chelating Treatment you can rest assured that 98% of build-up will be removed after just one use, allowing you to start with a clean canvas. Don’t let deep build-up block your best work.
HOW DOES THE BROAD SPECTRUM CHELATING TREATMENT DIFFER FROM N°.4C BOND MAINTENANCE CLARIFYING SHAMPOO?
N°.4C is a deep-cleansing shampoo which removes surface build-up and can be used by at-home in a weekly routine, whereas the Broad Spectrum Chelating Treatment is a pro-only, cortex-deep purification treatment that removes cortex-level deposits and build-up.
WHAT IS OLAPLEX N°.4C?
The N°.4C Bond Maintenance Clarifying Shampoo is the first clarifying shampoo made by OLAPLEX, formulated to deeply cleanse the scalp and remove impurities from the hair. These impurities range from pollutants in the air, chlorine from swimming, build-up from hair products, and hard water minerals.
WHY DO YOU NEED OLAPLEX N°.4C?
Exposure to hard water when showering is an especially sneaky culprit, as it contains minerals that coat the hair and create a moisture barrier. Over time this can lead to a flaky, dry scalp and cause frizz, dullness, and breakage as nutrients cannot penetrate the hair.
OLAPLEX N°.4C removes hard water minerals, product build-up, excess oil, chlorine, and even heavy metals and pollutants. Unlike clarifying shampoos that can leave hair feeling stripped and straw-like, N°.4C repairs and nourishes hair from the inside out. This is due to OLAPLEX’s Bond Building Technology and exclusive Broad Spectrum Clarifying System, plus being sulphate-free and pH balanced for protection. If your client’s hair needs reviving, this clarifying shampoo provides a healthy, fresh base to work with.
HOW DOES OLAPLEX N°.4C FIT INTO THE OLAPLEX RANGE?
Trying to understand which OLAPLEX shampoo should you recommend for your client?
Firstly, it is important to understand the key differences between each of the Olaplex Shampoos:
- N°.4 Bond Maintenance Shampoo: gently cleanses, repairs and nourishes all hair types. For daily/every wash use.
- N°.4P Blonde Enhancer Toning Shampoo: repairs, hydrates, and brightens. For blonde, lightened and grey hair. Use 2-3 times per week or as often as needed.
- N°.4C Bond Maintenance Clarifying Shampoo: deeply cleanses, softens, restores shine and clarity. For weekly use in place of regular shampoo.
HOW TO INCORPORATE OLAPLEX N°.4C INTO YOUR Clients HAIR CARE ROUTINE?
OLAPLEX N°.4C is a great addition to your client’s existing OLAPLEX routine as it deeply cleanses the scalp, allowing the hair to absorb the ingredients of subsequent products. To incorporate into an existing routine, recommend use in place of N°.4 Bond Maintenance Shampoo once a week and follow with the N°.5 Bond Maintenance Conditioner.
Other ways to incorporate N°.4C into an at-home hair care routine includes using N°.4C to remove build-up followed with the N°.8 Bond Intense Moisture Mask for extra moisture. You can find these complementary products in our OLAPLEX range.
Here's our step-by-step guide on using the OLAPLEX N°.4C for salon professionals or clients at home.
HOW DO BOTH PRODUCTS FIT IN AN IN-SALON SERVICE – A guide FOR HAIRDRESSERS:
- Pre Cleanse: Pre-cleanse the hair with N°.4C Bond Maintenance Clarifying Shampoo for 1-5 minutes to remove build-up.
- Treat: Apply 1-3 pumps of the Broad Spectrum Chelating Treatment to the hair, gently working through for 15-30 minutes to remove cortex-deep impurities. Do not rinse if performing in-salon serves
- Perform in-salon service
- Cleanse and condition: Cleanse with N°.4 Bond Maintenance Shampoo and follow with 4-IN-1 Moisture Mask for added moisture
AT-HOME INSTRUCTIONS FOR CLIENTS:
- Apply N°.4C to wet hair, concentrate on the scalp and work through to the ends.
- Lather thoroughly and leave it on for up to 5 minutes. Rinse well.
- Follow up with OLAPLEX N°.5 Bond Maintenance Conditioner or N°.8 Bond Intense Moisture Mask for extra moisture
Use weekly in place of regular shampoo.
HOW TO UPSELL OR CROSS-SELL THE OLAPLEX N°.4C SHAMPOO?
The most effective way to endorse a product is to let clients experience the results themselves. N°.4C is good for any client’s hair that needs some occasional TLC and is excellent to recommend for clients who:
- Frequently swim to mitigate chlorine exposure;
- Have upcoming holiday plans and want to keep their hair clean from chlorine, sea salt, and any product build-up;
- Are experiencing greasiness or residue from product build-up;
- Want to ensure better coverage before colouring their hair; or
- Need a vegan, cruelty-free clarifying shampoo option.
If your client’s hair would benefit from N°.4C or OLAPLEX Broad Spectrum Chelating Treatment, incorporate it into your in-salon treatment when washing your client’s hair. As these are new OLAPLEX products, your client may not be aware yet. This is an opportunity to demonstrate your product knowledge and expertise to add value to their salon experience.
Haircare Group is the trusted partner of the hairdressing industry and supplier of the very best total salon solutions. As an official distributor of OLAPLEX products in Australia, shop OLAPLEX N°.4C Bond Maintenance Clarifying Shampoo and OLAPLEX Broad Spectrum Chelating Treatment