Hair inspiration for every horoscope
Whether you are a fiery Aries, vivacious Leo, or passionate Scorpio - we have your hair inspiration sorted. Your star sign can predict what’s in store for your career and your love life, so why not your style!
With help from Moroccanoil International Educator Violet Sainsbury, we have identified hair styles for each star sign which also serves as valuable inspo for salon professionals.
Aries loves to be number one, so it’s no surprise that these audacious rams are the first sign of the zodiac. Bold and ambitious, Aries dives headfirst into even the most challenging situations.
STYLE: HOLLYWOOD WAVE
1. Prep hair with Moroccanoil Light through the mid-lengths and ends of freshly washed hair. Next, apply Moroccanoil Root Boost and roughly heat dry your hair.
2. Apply Moroccanoil Dry Texture Spray. Next, use a tong to create soft wave all over. Finish with another layer of the Moroccanoil Dry Texture Spray, for maximum volume and to create gritty texture.
3. Finish with a mist of the Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Medium to maintain your style for the day.
Taurus is an earth sign represented by the bull. Like their celestial spirit animal, Taureans enjoy relaxing in serene, bucolic environments surrounded by soft sounds, soothing aromas, and succulent flavours.
STYLE: NATURAL- LOOKING CURL
1. This is the perfect summer look for anyone with natural curl. Begin by applying Moroccanoil Light throughout the mid-lengths to the end of freshly washed hair.
2. Liberally apply Moroccanoil Curl Defining Cream and leave your hair to air dry, Violà!
Cancer is a cardinal water sign. Represented by the crab, this crustacean seamlessly weaves between the sea and shore representing Cancer’s ability to exist in both emotional and material realms. Cancers are highly intuitive and their psychic abilities manifest in tangible spaces: For instance, Cancers can effortlessly pick up the energies in a room.
STYLE: beachy wave
1. The hydrating base to any style is Moroccanoil Light worked through the mid-lengths to the ends of freshly washed hair. Next, apply Moroccanoil Root Boost and roughly dry with heat.
2. Softly wave with a hot tong all over and apply Moroccanoil Moroccanoil Mending Infusion to the mid-lengths and ends to prevent frizz and define texture.
Roll out the red carpet because Leo has arrived. Leo is represented by the lion and these spirited fire signs are the kings and queens of the celestial jungle. They’re delighted to embrace their royal status: Vivacious, theatrical, and passionate, Leos love to bask in the spotlight and celebrate themselves.
STYLE: low sleek pony
1. Secure your hair into a low tight pony. Apply Moroccanoil Molding Cream to the surface of the hair to smooth flyaway strands.
2. Apply Moroccanoil Dry Texture Spray throughout the ends of the pony to add texture and volume.
3. Add a bold satin or velvet ribbon around the base of the pony, and apply Moroccanoil Mending Infusion to the ends to seal in moisture and define each strand.
Virgo is an earth sign historically represented by the goddess of wheat and agriculture, an association that speaks to Virgo’s deep-rooted presence in the material world. Virgos are logical, practical, and systematic in their approach to life. This earth sign is a perfectionist at heart and isn’t afraid to improve skills through diligent and consistent practice.
STYLE: short practical bob
1. Wash your hair the night before, and the next morning, spritz Moroccanoil Dry Texture Spray to boost natural movement or use a tong to add soft waves throughout your style.
2. Apply Moroccanoil Mending Infusion, to prevent frizz and define your style.
3. Finally set your hair for the day, with a spritz of Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Medium.
Libra is an air sign represented by the scales (interestingly, the only inanimate object of the zodiac), an association that reflects Libra's fixation on balance and harmony. Libra is obsessed with symmetry and strives to create equilibrium in all areas of life.
STYLE: simple, sleek, movement
1. Start with the nourishing base of Moroccanoil Light concentrating on the mid-lengths and ends of freshly washed hair. Next, apply Moroccanoil Thickening Lotion and blow-dry your hair with a Moroccanoil 45mm Medium Ceramic Barrel Brush.
2. Apply a little Moroccanoil Mending Infusion, on the ends only, to prevent frizz and define your style.
Scorpio is one of the most misunderstood signs of the zodiac. Because of its incredible passion and power, Scorpio is often mistaken for a fire sign. In fact, Scorpio is a water sign that derives its strength from the psychic, emotional realm.
STYLE: long, dark and silky smooth
1. Nourish long hair daily with a liberal application of apply Moroccanoil Smoothing Lotion and then apply a layer of Moroccanoil Perfect Defence. Blow-dry with your hands to keep your locks smooth.
2. create movement with a one-inch curling iron, curling small sections all over your head, winding the hair in the same direction. Wait until the hair is cool and then gently brush downward to stretch out the curl.
3. Finish with a cocktail of Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Medium and Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine Spray for hold, and unrivalled shine.
Represented by the archer, Sagittarian’s are always on a quest for knowledge. The last fire sign of the zodiac, Sagittarius launches its many pursuits like blazing arrows, chasing after geographical, intellectual, and spiritual adventures.
STYLE: half-up high pony
1. Mist damp hair with Moroccanoil Colour Complete Protect & Prevent Spray with a generous amount of the Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse to create a soft textured foundation. Dry this combination into your hair with your hands until smooth.
2. Use a one-inch curling iron and curl similar sized sections all over your head winding hair in the same direction. Wait until the hair is cool, and then gently rake through with your fingers.
3. Secure a small pony right on top of your head, leaving a large section out at the front to frame your face. Finish all over with a generous layer of the Moroccanoil Dry Texture Spray throughout the hair, and a small amount of the Moroccanoil Mending Infusion concentrated just on the ends.
The last earth sign of the zodiac, Capricorns are smart, hardworking and in control of their destiny. Accordingly, Capricorns are skilled at navigating both the material and emotional realms and always get what they set their mind to.
STYLE: high messy bun
1. To revive day-old hair, liberally apply the Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo Dark Tones to the roots to ends and massage through your hair. Layer in a generous amount Moroccanoil Dry Texture Spray to create volume and texture.
2. Secure your hair into a high messy ponytail, and then roughy pin hair into place to create a messy-looking bun.
3. Pull out loose pieces and finish with a generous spritz of Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Medium for hold.
Despite the “aqua” in its name, Aquarius is actually the last air sign of the zodiac. Aquarius is represented by the water bearer, the mystical healer who bestows water, or life, upon the land. Accordingly, Aquarius is the most humanitarian astrological sign.
STYLE: blonde bombshell
1. To refresh your day old-style, liberally spray the Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo Light Tones into the roots to ends and massage through. Layer in a generous amount of the Moroccanoil Dry Texture Spray, until you have the desired volume and gritty texture.
2. Use a tong to add soft waves to the hair all over and finish with a light mist of the Moroccanoil Dry Texture Spray.
Pisces, a water sign, is the last constellation of the zodiac. It's symbolized by two fish swimming in opposite directions, representing the constant division of Pisces' attention between fantasy and reality. As the final sign, Pisces has absorbed every lesson — the joys and the pain, the hopes and the fears — learned by all of the other signs.
STYLE: water-like wave
1. On damp hair apply a small amount of the Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream, and dry your hair smooth.
2. Secure the hair off to one side in a low loose bun. Be sure to leave a large section of hair out at the front.
3. Apply Moroccanoil Perfect Defence to the front section and create a large ‘S’ bend wave using a large curling iron. Once cooled softly comb out the curl and spray into place with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Medium.
Image @Arcorace Hair & Beauty